Last night was the DIY Business Association’s Speed Connecting event in NYC which was sold out to entrepreneurs, creative start-ups, designers, tech people and media. You know, the cool kids. In addition to the crowd of attendees, Krrb was happy to join some awesome collaborative-minded organizations on the panel.
Our New Friends
- Jessica H. Lawrence – Is the Managing Director of New York Tech Meetup, which is the largest group on Meetup.com with 22,000+ members, started by Scott Heiferman who also co-founded Meetup.com.
- Kevin Huynh – Is the Breakfast Lecture Series Specialist at CreativeMornings, a free monthly breakfast series founded by Tina Roth Eisenburg aka Swiss-Miss. Creative Mornings is sometimes affectionately referred to as TED for the rest of us. Also check out Lonelymeatball.com
- Althea Erickson – Is the Advocacy and Policy Director of Freelancers Union, which through the power of numbers offers freelancers a support system of solidarity, benefits, community and political voice.
- Campbell McKellar – Is the Founder & CEO of Loosecubes, which is an international community of collaborative workers and work spaces.
- Eleanor Whitney – Is a Program Officer at New York Foundation for the Arts, a non-profit organization helping individual artists with fiscal support, among many other things.
And of course, the hostess with the mostest, Amy Cuevas Schroeder, the Founder/CEO of DIY Business Association & DIYTogether.