A photography project has emerged amidst the grid of vintage clothes, fully functioning vending machines and second-hand camera equipment. A collaborative effort titled, Outside My Window, is a collection of pictures from all over the world of what people look at each day outside their window
Glimpses from apartments in Paris, offices in Hong Kong, and backyards in North Carolina are shared with people in far away lands and aim to provide a peek of an everyday view, while transforming it into a special timeout for the beholder. With more than 30 photos submitted, an international snapshot of the quotidian serves as a quiet and sweet break from your own world’s views. So as we sit in our Brooklyn offices, gazing out to our ice-covered urban jungle, we can revel in quick digital vacations to Stockholm, San Francisco or London.
Join the project
Here’s how it works:
1. Take pictures outside your window, any window will do.
2. Create a post on Krrb named “Outside my window in (your city).
3. Add a short description, including your neighborhood.
4. Add these instructions to the post description.
5. Tag it “outside my window”.
6. Post it to ANY CITY IN THE WORLD where you’d like to see outside someones window.
7. Share it on Facebook and post it to Twitter with the tag #outsidemywindow
Everyone who participates agrees to share their photos with everyone else who participates under the Creative Commons ‘Share Alike’ license.