Krrb is now part of the Apartment Therapy family! Check out the Marketplace for an even wider selection of furnishings and home decor.
It’s one week until Christmas, and I’m sure there are some of you who aren’t feeling so ho-ho-hopeful about pulling off everything that needs to be done. We’ve all been there: just because you started playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving doesn’t mean you remembered to actually act on all of your holiday spirit. For all of my fellow procrastinators who’ve been caught up in the jolly rush, don’t panic. Here are some great jumping off points via Pinterest to tackle all of your gifting, decorating and snacking needs this season.
Things to Give
White elephants, office gatherings, last-minute party invites…there’s always the need for more fast gift ideas! Make sure you’ll be giving something thoughtful and creative (without breaking the bank).
- Pre-bake and assemble the pieces for a gingerbread house kit, which looks much more thoughtful than the store-bought versions.
- Melt chocolate chips into bark! When you add tasty toppings, it makes a pretty gift that only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- Turn their favorite Instagram photos into magnets that make it out of the phone and into the real world.
- Anti-inflammatory and super seasonal, this DIY candy cane scrub is relaxation in a bottle.
- This marbled clay ring dish looks expensive, but is a simple way to give the gift of stylish organization.
Things to Decorate With
The tree may be trimmed, but there’s always more room for holiday cheer! These decor DIYs will let you pump up the festiveness in no time.
- Never underestimate the power of candy canes. Group them together to form a seasonal centerpiece.
- Simple but effective: a DIY attachment turns balloons into adorable giant ornaments.
- Keep the kids entertained and liven up the walls with this interactive felt Christmas tree.
- Hang simple light strands in the windows to create some classy holiday spirit.
- Wrap an old sweater around a wire frame for a fast and rustic wreath.
Things to Eat
Between extra guests showing up unannounced and ambitious recipes gone wrong, sometimes you’ll need to take your meals in a new direction. Here are some fast fixes and tasty ways to keep the party going.
- Keep your appetizers light (and simple) with some cream cheese and cucumber salmon bites.
- Have guests with a sweeter palate? Let them snack on some sugar and spiced nuts.
- Garlic rosemary roasted potatoes are budget-friendly, delicious and come together in minutes.
- Slow-roasted with classic herbs, this roast beef entree is one traditional favorite that only takes 20 minutes to prep!
- And finally, a surprisingly simple dessert! Layers of cream cheese and cool whip do all the hard work in this gingerbread trifle.
We hope this eases some of your Yuletide stress. Show some love to your fellow last-minute Christmas peers by sharing any other tips and tricks you may have in the comments! And check out our Pinterest board “Every Day is a Holiday!” for ideas year-round.