Krrb is now part of the Apartment Therapy family! Check out the Marketplace for an even wider selection of furnishings and home decor.
Called it a pie, a galette or a tartlet, by any name it’s a filling wrapped in a delicious buttery dough. What’s not to love? Sure, everyone has an opinion on their favorite slice whether it’s sweet or savory. Get out your favorite pie dish because we’ve gathered up plenty of recipes to whet the palete.
1. Looking for a gluten-free, veggie-filled option? Dig into a French Swiss Chard Tart from Gourmande in the Kitchen.
2. Pumpkin pairs wonderfully with gorgonzola cheese and sage in this quiche by Closet Cooking.
3. Make the most of your end-of-summer tomatoes with this simple yet tasty pie from A Family Feast.
4. Charming in looks, this Spring Vegetable Pie from Feasting at Home can be made with fall vegetables as well.
5. Roasted butternut squash and chickpeas really makes this pot pie from Our Four Forks sing.
6. We would never have thought to add parmesan to the pie crust like Completely Delicious did in this mushroom savory delicacy.
7. There’s a lot of labor that goes into a vegetable spiral pie but the finished product is looks too good to eat. Well, almost. Baked to the Roots has details on making your own.
8. Irish potato pie by A Spicy Perspective uses herbs to keep this dish light and fresh. Omit bacon for vegetarians.
9. Using ricotta instead of milk, this vegetable quiche by Pickled Plum is elevated to the next level.
10. Get a heaping serving of Homity pie, a British deep-dish vegetable pie. The BBC dives in with specifics on this tradition meal.
11. Easter Pie is a Italian family tradition fellow Krrb team member Chrissy can’t get enough of—make this savory recipe from The Log Home Kitchen.
12. Made with pork and apple, we consider Sous Chef’s Porky Pies perfect for any meal.
13. We find it hard to believe that life could get better than a pie made with slow-cooked lamb and roasted garlic. Yum! Get the recipe on Simply Delicious Food.
14. Got a hankering for meatballs and pasta? This spaghetti pie recipe on Butter Yum is a fun way to use leftovers.
15. Don’t let looks deceive you, the Scotch Egg pie is an appetizing baked good that hails from Scotland. Sharing their recipe, Lea and Jay were up to the challenge!
16. The combination of chicken and green chile peppers is intriguing in this beautiful pastry from The Wicked Noodle.
17. Bring on the bacon in a BLT pie (the salad greens make it healthy, right?) by My Man’s Belly.
18. Love Grows Wild takes on mini ham and cheese breakfast pies. They’re as good as they sound!
19. Steak and Guiness beer team up for an indulgent and delightful pie by Jamie Oliver. Treat yourself to this puff pastry meal!
20. There’s plenty of flavoring in a crawfish pie by Louisiana Cookin. One bite and you’ll feel like you’re right on the Bayou.
21. Got a group to feed? Get to work on the Merchant Baker’s apricot cherry slab pie, it’s a crowd pleaser.
22. Fall plums will do well in a almond custard plum pie, Leelalicious has the details.
23. One of the easiest and most impressive pies to make is a stone fruit pie. Follow Une Gamine Dans La Cuisine in the kitchen for tips.
24. Brown sugar ups the sweetness in this berry pasty by Feeling Foodish. The oatmeal crumb topping balances out the flavoring.
25. Trust us when we say that the rustic strawberry tart on Sally’s Baking Addiction will become a classic favorite.
26. Autumn isn’t complete without a lovely apple pie. This flowery version by A Cozy Kitchen has a bourbon glaze.
27. Averie Cooks tries her hand at the appropriately named Crack Pie by Milk Bar. It requires a lot of work but it’s worth it.
28. Banana and toffee are really the only ingredients you need to make banoffee pie. Three Many Cooks has this dessert down to a science.
29. Equally tart and sweet, this recipe for key lime pie by Mom on Time Out is a must.
30. Unlike anything you’ve seen before, a golden mango and passion fruit tart is amped up by the caramel base. Head to Gourmet Traveller for the scoop on this treat.
31. Better than a birthday cake (in my humble opinion), chocolate cream pie should be piled high with a whipped cream topping. Cookie Madness shows us how it’s done.
33. If you try one pie off this list, make it this fun twist on the classic deep dish cherry pie. With the Grains kicks up the flavor with a recipe that includes balsamic vinegar and black pepper.
What’s your favorite pie recipe? Share it in the comments!