In collaboration with Amazon Publishing and Brokelyn, Krrb will host the first ever Show & Tell (and Trade), hosted by Dan Kennedy of The Moth, in celebration of the author, Benjamin Anastas’ new book “Too Good to Be True” (Amazon Publishing/New Harvest; on-sale 10.16.12). Anastas will also do a reading and trade a signed copy. And if that’s not enough, we’ll have beer lovingly provided by the Brooklyn Brewery and Southern deliciousness from The Fat Beagle.
Kennedy and Anastas will choose the most intriguing objects/stories whose owners will then take the stage with the two raconteurs in order to Show & Tell (and Trade).
RSVP NOW – It’s free and space is limited!
Show & Tell (and Trade) @ Krrb HQ
Thursday, November 15th, 7pm
99 Richardson Street, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11211
Want to Show Off Your Storytelling Skills Alongside Benjamin Anastas and Dan Kennedy? Here’s How!
1. RSVP immediately to make sure you have a place.
2. Think of an object you’ve got with a really good story that you’re willing to trade. Keep in mind this is about showing and telling but it’s also about swapping! Be prepared to part with whatever you bring.
3. List your trade object(s) on Krrb.com and tag it with the keyword “toogoodtobetrue.” If it is an existing item on Krrb, just “edit” the listing and tag it with the keyword.
4. Ten (10) items (and their owners) will be chosen to present at the event. If you are not in NYC, we will Skype you in!
5. Three (3) lucky people will win an Amazon Kindle (Wi-Fi, 6″ E Ink Display) with a limited edition “Too Good to Be True” book cover case. Enter the contest here.
Take a look at what others are bringing, get inspired, and get listing!