Elementary school was at its gloriously, unabashedly, most awesomely awkward on Show & Tell days. The stuff! The stories! The dead frog in Frankie’s pocket! It all added up to an adventure of epic proportions without ever leaving the classroom. Well, we’ve decided to bring you back to those glory days with our own Krrbicious twist on Show & Tell. In collaboration with Amazon Publishing and Brokelyn, Krrb will host the first ever Show & Tell (and Trade) on Thursday, November 15st at 7:00 p.m.
Join us in this festival of frugality (of all shapes and sizes) by bringing an object endowed with a great story that you’re willing to trade. The evening will be hosted Dan Kennedy of the Moth in celebration of author Benjamin Anastas’ new book “Too Good to Be True” (Amazon Publishing/New Harvest; on-sale 10.16.12). Anastas will also do a reading and trade a signed copy.
Everyone trades! However Kennedy and Anastas will choose the ten most intriguing objects/stories whose owners will then take the stage with the two raconteurs in order to Show & Tell (and Trade). Four lucky participants will win one of four Amazon Kindles (Wi-Fi, 6″ E Ink Display) with a limited edition “Too Good to Be True” book cover case.
RSVP NOW – It’s free and space is limited!
Unlike elementary school, drinks with alcohol will be provided. Snacks too!
Show & Tell (and Trade) @ Krrb HQ
Thursday, November 15st, 7:00 p.m
99 Richardson Street, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11211
How It Works
1. RSVP immediately to make sure you have a place.
2. Think of an object you’ve got with a really good story that you’re willing to trade. Keep in mind this is about showing and telling but it’s also about swapping! Be prepared to part with whatever you bring.
3. List your trade object(s) on Krrb.com and tag it with the keyword “toogoodtobetrue.” If it is an existing item on Krrb, just “edit” the listing and tag it with the keyword.
4. Ten (10) items (and their owners) will be chosen to present at the event. If you are not in NYC, we will Skype you in!
5. Four (4) lucky people will win an Amazon Kindle (Wi-Fi, 6″ E Ink Display) with a limited edition “Too Good to Be True” book cover case. Check out how to enter.
Take a look at what others are bringing, get inspired, and get listing!